District Media, Inc. seeks an experienced writer to join our content team on a part time basis. We are looking for someone to produce unique and compelling blog posts that focus on the topical concerns of everyday Americans and longer-form thematic content on financial and lifestyle topics. The candidate’s primary job will be to blog with District Media, Inc.
Desired qualifications are:
- Experience as a journalist, freelancer or active blogger on investing and personal finance topics.
- Knowledge of personal finance and related topics.
- Experience with web publishing or blogging is preferred. Knowledge of WordPress highly desired.
- Active consumer of online financial/market news and views.
- A professional or academic record reflecting a love of language and editorial achievement.
- Very strong organizational, editorial and communication skills.
- Knowledge and passion for investing and financial markets.
- Understanding of social media & possession of social media accounts.
- Creative flair and willingness to experiment; flexibility amid changes in product direction.
- Patience with others joined with the ability to get things done collectively in a startup environment.
- Openess to feedback and/or constructive criticism.
To maintain continuity with the current editorial perspective of the site, preference will be given to applicants who write from a free market, frugal, or business-oriented stand point. Applicants with English as their first language are preferred.
(1) A quick email of one or two paragraphs describing the reason for your interest
(2) Links to your recent investment writing and web presence, if any
(3) Your resume as an attachment
For immediate consideration contact Tamila: Tamila@districtmediafinance.com.
We are hiring!
Media Communications Assistant District Media – United States and The Philippines.
District Media, Inc. is a unique, purpose-driven media agency, based in the United States and the Philippines. We are experts in personal finance, social marketing, blogging and are passionate about educating the public to improve their finances.
We seek a dynamic, technologically savvy individual to join our team as a Social Media Communications Assistant starting immediately. This position offers a valuable opportunity to gain strategic, creative, media, and management expertise, as well as to contribute to a thriving enterprise.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as a Social Media Communications Assistant. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting senior staff and the success of our various social media campaigns and personal finance projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with senior staff to manage an array of social media campaigns and projects.
- Assist in the administration and operation of personal finance blogs.
- Conduct outreach through phone, email direct messages to media outlets and partners to enhance the visibility of our business campaigns.
- Oversee and manage District Media’s presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit, and other relevant channels.
- Expert in Twitter Ads to optimize campaign performance.
- Knowledgeable in Send Grid for creating, editing, and sending email newsletters, as well as analyze the Send Grid analytics.
- Providing essential general administrative support.
Required Qualifications and Expectations:
We are looking for candidates who meet the following qualifications and expectations:
– College or higher education
– Fluency or high proficiency in English.
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills, complemented by efficient time management.
– Adaptability to learn and master new software and technologies.
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Proficiency in social media management, including knowledge of peak posting times, trends, and popular topics.
– Capability to work independently or collaboratively, demonstrating excellent teamwork skills.
– A genuine interest in and knowledge of personal finance and money matters.
– Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Willingness to absorb and apply written and verbal feedback.
– Ability to use common email platforms like Gmail or Hotmail.
– Reliable access to the internet and a personal computer.
This is a full-time position with a competitive monthly salary of $550. As this is a remote role, there is no relocation package, and candidates should be comfortable working from their home or office in Asia.
How To Apply:
For immediate consideration, please send your resume with subject: DM Media Communications Assistant Job Post to District Media’s Director of Operations, Tamila McDonald at: email@example.com. and cc to Social Media Manager, Em Rodriguez at: firstname.lastname@example.org.